I have been swamped at work the past couple of weeks so I have been lacking on my posts! Since August is the wettest month here in Rockies my weekly hikes have been halted. Twice now I have had to cut my hikes short due to poor weather. The first was due to heavy rain and poor planning on my part. The second was simply because it was snowing in August in the mountains! Talk about weird. So, here are some shots from our last hike! We hiked up to Devil's Head Fire Lookout. There is this steep set of stairs that has a 143 set of steps to get to the top. What was amazing was that Carter the giant chicken actually made it up and down the stairs with no problems! So here are some of the shots from the hike.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A Day in the Woods
I have been swamped at work the past couple of weeks so I have been lacking on my posts! Since August is the wettest month here in Rockies my weekly hikes have been halted. Twice now I have had to cut my hikes short due to poor weather. The first was due to heavy rain and poor planning on my part. The second was simply because it was snowing in August in the mountains! Talk about weird. So, here are some shots from our last hike! We hiked up to Devil's Head Fire Lookout. There is this steep set of stairs that has a 143 set of steps to get to the top. What was amazing was that Carter the giant chicken actually made it up and down the stairs with no problems! So here are some of the shots from the hike.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow amazing views and cool pictures. I think the job of being the ranger would be cool; except during the winter..and of course the stairs.
Post a Comment